Diversity and inclusion
It is crucial that we create an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We will be for everyone, championing inclusivity across the organisation and improving diversity.
inclusivity networks and more in progress
> 35 %
Female representation in our Leadership Forum
Premier Inn facilities built at colleges for students with disabilities and learning difficulties
We know that actions speak louder than words. Here are some of the things we have implemented to drive change across our organisation for our teams, our guests and our culture.
- We have invested in the creation of a new diversity and inclusion centre of expertise, allowing us to have an unrelenting focus on this agenda
- We have given our leaders tools and resources including dedicated training to equip them to build and support a more inclusive environment
- We have set up our first Race, Religion and Culture network to ensure minority groups have a voice and empower them help us drive change
- Our already established network supporting our LGBTQ+ community continues to go from strength to strength
- We have created an annual communication plan focused on Diversity and Inclusion to ensure diversity is celebrated at key points throughout the year including; Black History Month, International Women’s Day, Race and Equality Week, LGBQ History Month, Religious holidays
“Creating an environment of inclusion must take on two forms; the ability for our LGBTQ+ community to have the space and network to be authentic and feel safe in the workplace, alongside the explicit inclusion from others through policy, role models and listening forums.
We have worked hard to celebrate and educate our teams on events such as LGBTQ+ History Month and Pride at Whitbread. There will always be work to do, to strive for systemic inclusion through every part of our business, but I’m proud to know we’re able to make these steps by being listened to, supported and seeing the change.”Matthew Case
PREMIER INN REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER AND LGBTQ+ GROUP LEAD