Acting responsibly to protect our teams, our guests and the business.
The past 12 months has been dominated by the impact of the COVID-19 situation. In response to the initial COVID-19 spread 2020, we took rapid and decisive action to protect our teams, our guests and the business itself.
- During the first UK lockdown, we kept 39 hotels open to provide accommodation for NHS staff and other front-line key workers
- We provided full refunds to customers for all cancelled bookings at the start of the pandemic and have changed our booking options now to give customers much more flexibility
- We continued to pay suppliers, many of which are small or medium-sized UK businesses, in a timely manner
- With the closure of our hotels, we placed over 27,000 of our employees on temporary furlough, with the Government support package
- Our senior management team and Board took voluntary pay cuts and all salaried staff have been placed on a pay freeze. National minimum wage increases were continued for hourly staff
- We passed fleet delivery capacity to supermarkets to help feed the nation and in 2020 we donated over 200 tonnes of food to charities following our restaurant closures
We also enhanced our operations to give customers added confidence.
The safety and wellbeing of Premier Inn guests and teams is critical and we believe that everyone in a Premier Inn hotel should rightly expect a safe, clean and protected environment. The COVID-19 crisis has brought this into sharp focus, which is why the business has launched a new rigorous, daily cleaning regime across all our UK & Ireland hotels. It’s our enhanced hygiene promise that we call Premier Inn CleanProtect.
Premier Inn’s CleanProtect promise seeks to give you extra peace of mind so you can book and stay with confidence.Read more by clicking here